Here are a few micro habits you can implement in your own life to continue to make small differences to make a large impact.
- Park your car 1000 yards away from your home or office: There are so many benefits when it comes to walking that parking your car even just 1,000 yards away from your destination can add up to 3,000 steps to your day. In doing so, reaching an achievable goal of 10,000 steps in a day makes it that much easier.
- Follow the “One-Minute Rule”: It is a simple way to keep on top of tasks by taking one minute to tidy up, hang up coats, respond to a text, put things away, etc. Small tasks that don’t seem like much on their own, but once put together add up and help avoid the negative cycle of procrastination.
- Make your bed first thing in the morning: A small win in your morning like making your bed boosts productivity and encourages you to continue to do small easy tasks like that throughout your day.
- Count to 10 before you reply to out-of-the-blue questions: In life, we often say things that we aren’t supposed to in the heat of the moment. So instead of responding right away, stay paused for at least 10 seconds. This allows you to have some time to think about an appropriate answer.
- Review your goals at least once a day: Reviewing and revising your life and/or daily goals to help stay connected to your motivation and create new plans to continue making positive changes in your life.
- Think of one good thing about your day: Positive and negative things constantly roll in and out of our minds every day. We tend to hold onto the negative, but making a cognizant effort to focus on the positive can help promote a more energized and cheerful mood.
- Never go to bed with a dirty kitchen: Taking the time to clean your kitchen before bedtime, helps give you peace of mind for when you wake up and get ready to tackle the next day.
- Follow the 50-30-20 Rule: Saving money can be hard so taking the time to adopt a budgeting system can help alleviate some of the financial stress.
- 50% of income goes to essentials (groceries, bills, housing, etc.)
- 30% to spend on leisure activities
- 20% goes to savings
- Banish Screens from the dining area: We get so caught up in phones in laptops throughout our days, that creating boundaries like no screens at mealtime is a great way to refocus, destress, and focus on the moment.
- Mute all Notifications: Turning off and muting all the notifications from any social media sites and other applications can help save time and energy to say focused on what matters most. This can help reduce any feelings of depression, anxiety, or stress.
Take a deep breath, take a break from the virtual, and try to live in the moment.
To learn more about your insurance choices, connect with one of our agents today to discuss all your options and answer any questions you may have. The experts at LIG Solutions have licensed health insurance professionals with the goal of offering a simple and transparent view of healthcare coverage. There’s no need to spend hours trying to understand different plan options – we’ll work with you to understand your needs and budget to recommend a plan that will work the best for you. And because we have no vested interest in which insurance carrier you go through, you can rest easy knowing we are truly looking out for your employee’s best interests.
Get the Insurance You Need and Save Today!